Thomas Beer, Ed.M. is proud to provide consultant services for a wide range of clients including schools, districts, institutions of higher education, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. With more than two decades’ experience in education and project management, Tom’s areas of focus include educational equity, differentiated learning, leadership development, program design and evaluation. Before establishing this consulting practice, he served as a Regional Director with Leadership for Educational Equity and as the Director of Student Support Services in the Baton Rouge Achievement Zone.
Tom started his career in education as a special education teacher in the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans, and continued his work for kids with disabilities and their families as a policy advisor in state government and as a Research Associate with the Urban Special Education Leadership Collaborative at EDC, Inc. Previously, he was the Chief Laboratory Technician for the Epilepsy Research Laboratory at Massachusetts General Hospital. Tom holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Neuroscience from Bates College and a Master of Education degree in Education Policy & Management from Harvard University.
Prior consulting and technical assistance projects with state agencies, school districts, nonprofits, and universities have achieved the following outcomes:
- Developing programs and strategies to support learners with diverse needs and promote inclusive practices in K-12 and higher education.
- Addressing the disproportionate representation of African American students in special education and within certain disability categories.
- Reducing the negative impact of disciplinary practices on students with disabilities and students of color.
- Supporting leaders to set goals and invest stakeholders in building a shared vision.
- Implementing rigorous programs for team-building and professional development.
- Developing and conducting feasibility studies and growth plans for high-impact organizations.
Connect on LinkedIn and let me know how can we work together…